Last Day in Munich & On To Amsterdam


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 17th 2017
Published: September 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Munich. We went to the Egyptian Musuem; which contained sculptures and artifacts from Ancient Egypt spanning five millennia. After eating lunch at the Huxnbauer, we headed back to "Old Town", and walked through the Vikualien Market and Beer Garden. It is similar to a farmer's Market, only much bigger and held daily.

After walking through some local shops, we went back to the Glockenspiele and climbed up to the tower. It was a nice sunny day, so we had a great view of the city.

We ate dinner at an Italian restaurant before heading back to the hotel to pack. The concierge recommended the restaurant when we asked for an Italian recommendation. There were only two pasta dishes, and nothing else that even resembled what we think of as Italian food on the menu. The waiter was a little irritated when we arrived late, and told us we had to be finished within an hour due to another reservation. He grew to like us and didn't rush us through our meal. He even gave us a house limoncella before sending us on our way.

The following morning we flew to Amsterdam; which is about an hour and fifteen minute flight. Their airport reminded me of O'Hare - very large and full of people and shops. They even had a shoe store and a huge market in the middle. It was a long walk across the airport where we met up with a driver who took us to De L'Europe (our hotel). It is owned by the Heineken family, and is beautiful.

We took a tour of the Royal Palace followed by a boat ride tour on the canal. After a brief walk through the red light district, we ate American food at the Wyers Restaurant. I had a burger; however, it didn't quite compare to a Nebraska burger. Interestingly enough, one of the German restaurants that we ate at actually advertised two entrees as Nebraska beef on their menu. It really is a small world!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb