Exploring Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

After studying german at school for 7 years it was probaly one of the countries i was most looking forward to seeing. We started off in Koln, west germany after catching a train from Amsterdam. We had 3 nights there and climbed its famous Gothic church which consisted of 690 stairs and also did a 1 hour cruise alone the river rhein. the orginal plan was to hire a car and head south to munich along the rhine but we decided due to previous issues we had with rental car companies we decided to just pick a few cities and do a few day trips from there with the sister company we used in Amsterdam.

After Koln we trained to Munich where we spent 5 days there and then Berlin where we had another 5 nights.

Top 5 highlights in Germany:

1. Munich - visiting the Neuschwanstein castle in Bavaria through Mike Bikes Tours. This was a full day tour to the Bavarian region where we hiked up to the caztle and went for a country bike ride.

2. Munich - Dachau concentrentration camp. This was a surreal experience which cant really be described.

3. Berlin Parlarment Building Audio Tour - Reichstag. It was interesting learning the history of germanys main parliament building and its surroundings especially during the ww2.

4. Berlin Wall. Some of the wall had the original graffiti on it from the ww2.

5. The biergartens (Beer halls) around munich. They had great food and obviously good beer which scott liked by the stein.

After a good length of time in germany it was time to head Prague.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb