Munich, Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
April 2nd 2012
Published: April 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Guten Tag,

Alarm goes off at 7am, Teresa and I jump up get our stuff together and get off the train. Tired and groggy we immediately look for coffee and a bathroom. After breakfast we set out to find our hostel only to findout that we are in Ausburg... 20 minutes away from Munich. Luckily we were able to hop on the next train and get there no problem.

Once we were settled in Munich, we walked to the Deutches Museum of science and industry. The museum is very popular for middle and high school kids and I could not believe how in depth some of the material was. They had several exhibits on gene therapy, HPLC, ELISA plates for cell biology, and immunology. What was even better was that after the explination, there a question like What are some other ways to cure a genetic disorder to get them to start thinking outside the box. Soo genious. At this point we were sick of museums, so we rented bikes for a quick and easy way to tour the city. We found a beer garden in the middle of the English Gardens where we had dinner - currywurst, sauerkraut and pomme frites with a dark beer. Delicious.. but very heavy. Definitaly cannot eat like this every day. That night we visitied the famous Hofbrauhaus and celebrated by drinking 1L stines and pretzels with their special mustard.

Because we loved Munich so much, we decided to stay an extra day to see the sights. We visited the BMW museum and Olympia park. We heard rumors of a soccer game that night, so we saught out a beer hall to have dinner and watch. We went to Augustiner - a local brewery- and they had a huge room filled with tables and a classroom size white screen to watch the game. Slowly the room filled with red jerseys, stines and shouts of Prost -cheers-. It was so much fun to watch Munich beat Marseilles in the Euro Cup tournament.

The next morning we boarded a train for Geneva, Switzerland which looks relatively close on a map, but ended up takinh us 6 longs hours to get there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb