squeaky clean


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
March 25th 2006
Published: March 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

it is amazing how much you can appreciate a nice hot shower. we set out from paris thursday night on a train around 10:45p.m. bound for munich (munchen as is properly spelt) to meet up with andrew. there were about 20 minutes of pure anxiety as we awaited to see if the little cabin with two rows of three chairs (because we are too cheap to buy sleeper cabins) would be all our own for the sprawling out and hopefully a few hours sleep. just about to fall asleep, they come by to check our tickets and although at first annoyed with their timing, we were soon very grateful as we were notified we were on the wrong half of the train. evidently the train would be disconnecting and going two different places and the nice man that had told us to board on this car misguided us. anyway, hurried we gathered up our then off our feet tennis shoes, passports, train snacks, etc. and prepared for the worst which would of course be that each cabin would be full on the next train and we'd have to share a room. i think however the Lord knew our raggedy bones needed some rest and there was one cabin left just waiting for our slumber to take place within it's walls.
to make a long story that could still get longer, shorter, we arrived in munich friday morning around 9 a.m. and began wandering, exploring the streets of germany. there was a bustling square just beginning to roll out it's carts with vendors setting up their fruites and store fronts putting out sales sign and advertisements. we very quickly learned there is a special designated lane for bikes that we had been strolling in until around the third time they rang their little bike bells at us indicated we were clearly in their way. andrew worked most of the day so we just walked around in the general direction of buildings we thought looked interesting.
and then, possibly one of the highlights of the day, tony took a nice long shower, and me being the lady i am, a nice long bubble bath. it was bliss as we finally felt squeaky clean.
andrew guided us to a true bavarian meal and after letting that digested were off to hofbrau house, the german watering hole as it were. there were german songs being sung, one litre german beers being drunk, and the mingling of the nations taking place. we sat with two germans, to guys from tokyo and then us three americans. there are stories indeed but will have to be shared later.
well folks we're off to nuremburg germany today to revisit a dark past.
there are pictures on the website - check them out.
until next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb