What else is there to do in Munich but drink!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 25th 2007
Published: January 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

fortress in the distancefortress in the distancefortress in the distance

Our guide said the name but I didn't get to write it down, hence forgetting it.
I can't say that the breakfast was good with runny eggs, weak orange juice and some type of unidentifiable fruit. But having it with all our new Australian friends made up for that. Our destination today would be Munich with our arrival at the German border taking all of 7 minutes. Lunchtime, we stopped at the nicest rest stop. The restroom consisted of putting 50 euro cents in a turning stall to which you then got a receipt for 50 cents off lunch. haha After using the toilet, the commode seat rotated. I had never seen that and we were all pretty amazed by it! There was a restaurant which had a selection of sandwiches and such. A cheese sandwich and cola were about 7 euros. I believe this was near Nuremberg, where we also saw a couple of fortresses.

We arrived in Munich around 3pm and saw ALLIANZ Stadium & Olympic Park. We stopped at SCHLOSS NYMPHENBURG BESUCHER, which used to be the summer residence of Bavarian rulers. It was a really pretty area and such a huge palace, at least from the outside. We didn't go in and just walked around the outside. We then were dropped off in the city center of MUNICH at Marineplatz to explore for a couple of hours. This was also a big tourist area crowded with lots of shops and ice cream places. My friend was looking for a beer sign to take home to a relative and we asked around and no one had them! so, discouraged after not finding a sign, we decided to do what any person should do in Munich: Drink Beer! We sat at a table outside one of the breweries and drank PAULANER. After taking in one glass, I was happy and proceeded to place my camera strategically on the table so as to take pictures of random people walking by. I also wanted to include the latest fashions. I must have taken about 10 pictures with heads cut off and backs. We did meet 2 friendly guys from New Guinea, Africa and chatted with them a few minutes until they found out we were leaving in an hour. haha We went back to the hotel drunk and I proceeded to take more pictures out our hotel window. Our last excursion was the Bavarian evening at the brewery, Hofbrauhaus, which included a buffet dinner with pork knuckles which were tasty, by the way. The place was so hot and crowded as we were seated at very long tables with no air conditioner. In the front was a stage where the entertainment took place. We had yet another fun filled evening as we sat with Mick, Kerry, Paul & Sharon from Australia. We each got a liter glass filled with beer and I did drink all of it. Later, we said our goodbyes to Franco, our bus driver, as this would be his last night with us.

Back at our hotel, the room was also stifling hot. I was a bit surprised there weren't any air conditioners. Mick did inform us that there was a fan in the rooms. There it was behind the chair, thank goodness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Schloss Nymphenburg PalaceSchloss Nymphenburg Palace
Schloss Nymphenburg Palace

the front entrance
paulaner beerpaulaner beer
paulaner beer

we had 2 a piece
when drunk..when drunk..
when drunk..

pictures like this are taken
Suzi & ISuzi & I
Suzi & I

drunk in Munich
Suzi and ISuzi and I
Suzi and I

at the Bayarian dinner
with Francowith Franco
with Franco

our bus driver
our hot roomour hot room
our hot room

thank goodness for the fan


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb