A Stein or Two!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
September 3rd 2005
Published: October 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Elisa & Myself Elisa & Myself Elisa & Myself

The pork knuckle and first litre of beer!!
After we left the Concentration Camp this morning the pace changed and we drove past the place where the Sound of Music was filmed. It’s after 1.30pm and the fog’s still down over the ills, it’s very green and picturesque here.

We went onto the Swarovski Crystal Show room where I bought a nice necklace.

One we arrived in Munich itself we checked into our accommodation and ended up going to the Hofbrauhaus - the most famous beer hall in the World!! It’s massive!! It has live traditional music and there are a few people who choose to walk around in traditional dress! I had the pork knuckle with dumplings and sour croute which was massive and nice though!! I’m not really a pork fan, but I swear that it is the best piece of port I may have ever had!! I also drank 2l of beer out of the stein!! It was an insane night! I don’t know how many people you can fit in this place but it seems to take up a whole small street block! The waiters are seriously talented to carry the massive stein and remember where you were sitting, we also found it helps their memories substantially if you tip them each time! So all in all, we ate, drank and were merry!!

We went up the road to where the clubs were, I had a few drinks and then headed off home leaving the rest of the crew with it.

The following day Rohan, Art and I caught the Metro into town and went and saw the New Town Hall, which is famous for its Glockenspiel, but we weren’t there to see it go off. It’s said to be one of the worst and tackiest tourist attractions in Europe! Which some how really wants to make you stay and watch it do its thing!

We went back to Hofbrauhaus since it was sooo good last night and it didn’t disappoint at lunch time either, heaps of atmosphere and the goulash was yummy!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Meeting The Locals!!Meeting The Locals!!
Meeting The Locals!!

An Italian living in Germany joined our pic!


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb