Four Super Boys


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 5th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The entire crewThe entire crewThe entire crew

Just four super boys
Oktoberfest...where to begin...ahhh, I know,

There was a silly old man with a knack
of jumping off cliffs in a sack
then one day
jumping in his usual way
his wife wore nothing but black

We commenced Oktoberfest in much the same way we ended Oktoberfest - missing most of our crew. The Cap and I were approximately 2 hours late to the airport, and the Mills and Kennah were nowhere to be found. Fortunately, the tide turned at base camp when we saw two handsome fellows walking in our general direction all ready to commence the consumption of litre beers.

We settled in, and then we headed out. Probably the first thing we noticed - which we had noticed in our earlier travels, was the overall efficiency of these glorious germans. Everything from the trains to the grass to the trees to the horses were far superior to how we in the west like to run things.

The first night was a good template for the weeks to follow: we drank copious amounts of beer, ate sausage or schnitzel and then proceeded to lose Kennah.

As we were drunk for most of it, I will
Typical brauhausTypical brauhausTypical brauhaus

Beer tents are glorious. And mostly reserved. Book in advance or prepare to show up at 9am.
not attempt to recall the events that occurred over this week. Rather, I'll point out some highlights:

- We introduced some old guys from Lancester to beer bongs. Andy failed to put his mouth on the bong thus drenching himself
- Kennah stole a bike one night, a chair the other
- When wearing the dancing hat, one must dance, even if this includes rolling on the floor
- Litre beers
- Prosbting (still dont know how to spell it, its german for cheers)

Essentially, as Miller put it, Oktoberfest is a massive Calgary Stampede. With the exception, that rather than cowboys you have Braverians, rather than Nashville North you have 10 Nashville Norths called Beer tents, and rather than drunk surly Albertans you have drunk surly Germans - who, might I have it, are far more efficient at drunk and surly than those pesky Albertans. But alas, drinking every day would not be feasible, and Mike, Brendan and I chose to take a well deserved day off to visit a concentration camp...


We decided to take a day trip to Dachau - the first concentration camp set
Typical day in MunichTypical day in MunichTypical day in Munich

Ahhh, litre beers. We'd go through maybe 5-8 a day. Do the math, 15-24 bottles a day. My gut thanks me.
up by the SS during World War II. After watching various clips in a documentary, we proceeded to walk around the camp grounds and just let the experience soak in. I'm truly at a loss of words, and it is an experience one must have for themselves. But if you are so inclined, I have included some pictures. In the words of Brendan Miller, "Terrible....terrible..."

Okay, sorry for that.
Now, on to an all night white rave in Wroclaw (pronounced Vraslav) so that we may dance under the Oak of Life! Oh what wacky lives we lead...


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Still on topStill on top
Still on top

These scenes didnt last for long. Not for me anyway.
Oktoberfest!Oktoberfest!
Oktoberfest!

Entrance
BratbestBratbest
Bratbest

Hmm, bratwurst sandwiches. The staple of any Braverian.
Yet again...Yet again...
Yet again...

There's lots of these...
UmmmmUmmmm
Ummmm

I actually don't remember this and haven't seen this pic to now. I hope she didn't dislike me as much as the photo suggests.
Pretzel facePretzel face
Pretzel face

...yea....uuummm...
Kennah in formKennah in form
Kennah in form

Right before we lost Kennah the second time. That sandwich looks bad ass
Miller in formMiller in form
Miller in form

Don't think theres a reason for that pose... Miller?
More beer at El MatadorMore beer at El Matador
More beer at El Matador

All you can drink for 15Euro? Guess what happens next...
The Dancing HatThe Dancing Hat
The Dancing Hat

When the hat is worn, one must dance. Many Germans disagreed with the magic of the hat. As this pic shows, my dancing is primarily made up of cartwheels and flips.
Smooth CriminalSmooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Penner with the hat...(looks a little MJ to me)
Miller and hatMiller and hat
Miller and hat

Beauty of a move. Hip thrusting is a staple in any mans dance moves.
Random GermansRandom Germans
Random Germans

They're good people, i swear!
Beer Bong at Weis'n CampBeer Bong at Weis'n Camp
Beer Bong at Weis'n Camp

We met these two old guys from Lancester at our camp: Andy and Duncan. God Bless them they'd never done a beer bong before...hilarity ensued.
Before battleBefore battle
Before battle

Mad reppin' Canada.
After battleAfter battle
After battle

Man I love Andy, he was hilarious...and massive.
I'm not drunkI'm not drunk
I'm not drunk

At about 1pm on a Thursday...


12th October 2007

jealous
i think its important hawk that you realise the jealousy im feeling right now as i spend each night alone, searching for companionship on the net you drink litre beers and escort my wild wizel wazzel around. It seems that you two are having a great time over seas i hope this doesnt mean hawksha will return from this trip, to a carrier a wife and dissapear from us all, please plan future travels and i will attend. ps i love creepy penner in each shot, im wondering how the very stern relaxed germans delt with the maniac, there is defnetly a diffrent vibe in aus at the moment with the absences of the wizel wazel, bar maids seems less on edge, bus drivers are no longer having to remove passed out indiviuals, the turkish are happy they no longer have to barter when selling late night kebabs and pyrmont resedences are defnetly enjoying there peaceful sleeps, tell penner marky marky is waiting in the stero for his return.

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb