Munich - big big glasses of beer!!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
July 21st 2005
Published: August 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Steins - contiki groupSteins - contiki groupSteins - contiki group

A group of people from our bus at the Bavarian beer hall drinking beer.
We left Austria and had a pretty full day of driving with stops along the way. First stop was the Swarovski crystal factory. Aaahh, I could have gone crazy, luckily most of the things I fell in love with were way out of my budget. The girls bought a few small pieces and I just enjoyed window shopping.

The next stop was a bit more sombre. We went to Dachau in Germany to the first concentration camp. We walked through the museum, saw the crematorium, then watched a movie on the history of the concentration camp. It was really interesting to go and learn more about the history of Germany. But also very intense.

After that stop we drove into Munich, stopped for lunch, then went to see the Glockenspiel. Three times a day on the hour the clock ticks, the statues all move around, music plays and the bird/chicken/rooster thing does a dance. If we'd been 10 years old we may have been a bit more awe struck, but it was still great to see.

We drove to the hostel we were staying at for the night. It was fine, but by that point we had decided cabins in camp sites or contiki owned houses were always better than the hostels, which were also a bit older, smaller and needed a bit more of a clean. But we weren't there for long before the real fun started, Bavarian beer hall!! We had pork and saurer kraut (the cabbage stuff), dancers, singers and the all important steins of beer!! I felt like a kid in a candy store, the beer went down so well, I loved it!! So as you can imagine with my initial reaction to steins of beer, it was a big night! I only had time for 2 steins before the bus left, so we went back to the hostel and kicked on there. But not before seat dancing on the bus. Whenever we'd been out for the night our driver, Dan, would pump the music on the bus, turn the lights down, and we'd rock the bus! We weren't allowed to go crazy the aisles (that was reserved for our tour manager Janene, and she never dissapointed us, always dancing along), but we were allowed to do as much seat dancing as we liked, which meant we had to get creative with our dance moves, but that added to the fun.

So the night kicked on, the drinks kept flowing, and the next morning was a bit hard to get out of bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb