Actual day 19 2023 ping, bang, vroom and falcor


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
August 11th 2023
Published: August 11th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day nineteen (really, yesterday I miscounted) well that was a day πŸ˜‚. Needing to leave early ISH to get to the film museum and falcor in time, we busied ourselves packing and trying not to be too glum at leaving. Our stay in bled has been just perfect. We packed, cleaned, made tea and even remembered to leave the two euro for the owner that we owed in tourist tax. After a quick ISH petrol stop we were on our way....ping....the ping was back....ping....crikey, this didn't bode well....ping ....we got onto the motorway ping.... Then just as Ash accelerated ping vroom VROOM and the car shook, rattled and revved to full and back a couple of times. Safe to say a tena lady wouldn't have gone amiss for both of us and the driver behind who very much kept his distance afterwards! Ping. One last ping then...nothing. the car was now driving like a dream as if nothing had happened. Not sure whether to laugh or cry, stop or go we opted for laugh and go. Approaching the karawanke tunnel we were totally still in traffic and another ping I may also have made a little noise πŸ˜‚. This did not fill me with confidence but, figuring that keeping going was ok as long as nothing was lit on the dashboard, on we went.
Through the fabulous alpine scenery we went, glorious sunshine and amazing views. I think it's fair to say that I left my heart in the Julian Alps. Sadly, as we found out at lunchtime, I also left our carefully made cheese sandwiches there too🀦 One very expensive pitstop later and we were fed, watered and covered in crumbs. Trundling song the pinging was oddly quiet. Eventually the Bavaria filmstadt carpark was upon us. Ping free since Slovenia, we had made it. First stop was Falcor, neither Ash nor Seth had ever been as happy as they were sitting on it singing along to the theme tune. Next it was time for the tour. Two hours walking around seeing the studios and real life scenery and stage sets for all manner of programmes. Despite all being in German and many of the sets being from German programmes (das boot anyone?) It was really interesting (though baking) with only mild claustrophobia in the das boot submarine set and a starring role for Ash as superman.......
Maccies for tea in the cleanest and nicest MacDonalds ever and we finally made it to our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.318s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb