Back to Europe after two and a half years!


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
May 28th 2022
Published: May 28th 2022
Edit Blog Post

It was a steady build up to this long-awaited trip to Europe. Punctuated of course by some last minute hassles. These included:


• The new dishwasher delivered with unheralded timing at Golden Beach;
• A rush for Greg to get a new job mounted on the web for his team at UoM;
• Some key deadlines for Catherine to meet on behalf of our company;;
• Some last minute planning by the two body-corporates we deal with;
• One of Greg's mentee companies in "hurry up and wait mode";
• Reminding ourselves how to travel light but also cover all bases through Catherine's printed trip itinerary plus plus.


Still by the morning of the 26th of May we were ready to head off to the airport. Picked up an Uber and headed off early arvo. Check in to Singapore Airlines was a little slower than normal on account of the extra exit and entry requirements of the places we were to stop: Singapore and Munich. We picked up a three-pack of Four Pillars Gin especially for the extended family (minus Jill of course, who was pregnant at this time). Sorry for the advert!

Straightforward but packed flights to Singapore, three hour lay-over,
Relax GartenRelax GartenRelax Garten

Mein erstes Bier in München.
and then through to Munich. Mind you the second leg was 12 hours long! I had forgotten the challenges that that duration of inactivity raises. Arrived to a beautiful spring morning in Bavaria.

Elise was there to pick us up with a share car, and she parked out front of the Hilton Hotel. It seems no one was particularly perturbed; quiet Saturday morning after all. Munich International airport is something like 40 km out of the centre and we passed through verdant fields as we went to town. I will let the photos speak about the general architectural vibe of the place, but Elise and Matthias' apartment is situated conveniently close to town and in a safe and relatively wealth part of town. Above a Pizzaria so the streets smells are pleasant.

Elise and Matthias had to continue to work on this Friday before a long weekend, and so we poked around the neighbourhood checking out the architecture and delivering Elise and Matthias' recycling to the local receptacles.

We enjoyed tasting our new Four Pillars Gin over a lovely meal of kartoffel, sauerkraut and vegetarian cevapcici. An international meal. Jet lag took over early.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Erdeke supermarketErdeke supermarket
Erdeke supermarket

After the travels, the shopping… I ant accept the job of cottage cheese maker unfortunately.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb