To Frankfurt


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Augsburg
June 22nd 2006
Published: June 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Disclaimer: We’re too busy to play on the internet and update this often. Plus, it’s been hard to find an internet café so far. So we’ll update when we can. Love you all.

Day 1 - To Frankfurt
We got off well from Seattle but getting to Cincinnati was another story. We flew around in circles waiting for the severe thunderstorms to end. The pilot came on saying we were being diverted to Indianapolis. No way. You’ve got to be kidding. All the thoughts of how this would really screw up our first few days in Germany starting flying through my head. As it was with everyone else on board that was flying to Germany. The pilot came on again about 20 minutes later saying we’re now heading to Dayton because we have no more fuel. That did not make me feel better. We finally touch down in Dayton to see the lightening on the horizon. Great. We fueled up and waited our turn to leave. Meanwhile, all the passengers hung out like we were all old friends. Too funny! We finally got to take off hoping we’d make our flight. It was 8:15 pm and our flight was leaving at 8:15 pm. I couldn’t imagine that they’d take off with 30+ people on board heading to Germany. They were holding the plane for us and another flight that was diverted. Yah! We only had a snack on the flight thinking we’d have time to have dinner before heading out to Frankfort. We had no time. We had to run to the gate as it was. Ted, being the gatherer he is, told us to watch his things and went running through the airport, looking for food. The flight attendants we telling us to get on board but Ted was no where to be seen. The girls were freaking out! Wait! There he is! He has a whole pizza from Sabaro’s! Yah! Run! We finally get on board this 737 with a packed plane and our whole pizza. I’m surprised we weren’t mobbed, especially from the passengers from our previously flight. They sure did give us a hard time though. It was a good thing because dinner was terrible. We got into the flight about an hour when Ted decides to look for his pillow. Reaching for it, he forgot he had a pretty full can of tonic water on his tray. Can you guess? Yes, it flew all over me. OMG! I was soaking. I almost cried. We got towels to soak it up but it took hours to dry. Oh well, I guess I had the time. After a noisy, long flight, (with no AC adapters) we finally flew into Frankfurt.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb