Speed demons of Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
May 11th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Was time to leave Amsterdam for a few days and head to Germany for some beer drinking at the Stuttgart Spring fest.

What would normally be an 8 or so hour drive (on NZ roads) was easily shortened when you drive the autobahn at 160-180km!! We arrived in no time.

We made it in time for the festival, only to be met by a long line to get into the tent, but being the cool kids we are, we jumped the cue and made it to the door. Two guys in front of us were told the tickets had just sold out.... as we were about to turn away a lady came running up with a handful of tickets left. So luckily we managed to get in. If we didnt skip the line we would never have made it in, we were pretty lucky. Sorry to the people we pushed in front of and who didnt get in- but hey, I came all the way from around the other side of the world.

The atmosphere at the festival was awesome, 3500 people packed into a big tent (there were about 10 tents all up, amongst rides and stalls etc), tables and benches lined up in the room, with bands playing traditional German music and 80% of the party people wearing lederhosen. Looks pretty funny.

With our 1 litre steins in hand we caught up with my friends mates (they are from Stuttgart) and were soon dancing on the tables as everyone else. Was a really fun night.

After a night of drinking it was time for abit of German culture, the weekend was filled with visiting museums (Mercedes & Porsche), castles, lady lunches, shopping and other such things sophisticated ladies do while on holiday.

Was a great weekend that I didnt want to end.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0931s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb