Last night in Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
June 9th 2007
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well hello everyone, first of all we have good news for everyone--we finally have received our bags as of this evening! Thank god, because we are leaving for The Netherlands tomorrow. It has been absolutely amazing staying here, it is going to be hard to leave. Yesterday evening we continued with the traditional foods from Germany and the area. We had all kinds of sausages (weinershnitzle, bratwurt, etc), potato salad (made with oil and vinegar as is local tradition) and finished with local plumschnopps. Every food we have tried has been wonderful. This morning we were planning on going to Munich, but after continued difficulties with Lufthansa, we decided to visit downtown Stuttgart instead. We were told that our bags would not be arriving before we left tomorrow and that we could be reimbursed 100% for clothes we purchased. Sounds great right? The catch was that we would only be reimbursed 100% if all of the clothing was given back to Lufthansa after our bags had been delivered. Of course we decided to show Lufthansa, so we shopped at some of the trendiest stores we could find in Stuttgart and spend nearly $350 each. Then, in the middle of our shopping, Lufthansa contacted us to tell us that our bags would be in Stuttgart that evening. So anyways everything was great, we enjoyed the city and the culture. We ate at a Turkish restaurant and had something similar to a gyro (lamb, cream, tomatoes and fresh dressing on freshly baked pita bread). The town was really busy because of German holiday and it was great to see all of the people shopping and enjoying themselves. Post comments and ask us questions if there is something you want to know, hope everything is going well for everyone. We leave for Amsterdam tomorrow at 9 AM local time, more to come guys....we´ve only just begun.

P.S. Still trying to get pictures on here.

Advertisement



9th June 2007

Fun
hey guys its sounds like you are having fun!!! I am sooo glad to hear you guys got your luggage!! i cant wait for pictures, hurry up and get them on here!
9th June 2007

Clean Clothes!
So happy to hear you guys have a change of clothes! Have a wonderful time in Amsterdam and don't do anything I wouldn't do :)
9th June 2007

Euro Vacation
Keep having a great time, glad you finally got your back pack, can't wait to see a few photos.
9th June 2007

communication
remember my cell and e-mail 6/10-6/17
11th June 2007

boston legal
Denny Crane
12th June 2007

hello my loves! cant wait to see pictures! im glad you found your bags even tho you couldnt keep all the cool stuff you had just bought. what else have you guys been doing besides drinking and enjoying the food? i hope your both staying safe and keeping your pass ports and cash close and safe... ok im sorry i sound like a mom but im just so worried! but at the same time very excited for all the cools things you guys get to do!!! love you both!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb