Germany


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Stuttgart
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

Brady and I are doing really well. We are having an absolute blast! We arrived in Frankfurt on the third, but Lufthansa lost our bags (we are still waiting on them as of right now). We have really not done a lot of sightseeing, rather hanging out with Sophie and her friends who are all great. Her parents are the nicest people, very hospitable. The first night we had traditional dinner called spatzle (pronounced shpetzla) which is homemade dough noodles...delicious. Their beer is amazing. The local beer is very spicy and finishes super clean.The wine from the area is extremely dry, red wine made from grapes grown in the neighboring city. Last night Sophie had her 18th birthday and it was pretty wild and so much fun. The drinking age here for beer and wine is 16, harder liquor at 18, so it was similar to a 21st birthday in the states. Her friends are all great and all speak English as they are required to take both Latin and English in school. The students who have not studied in the states speak with a British accent because they are taught that at school, so it's a lot of fun to speak with everyone. Today we went to the butcher and got a bunch of traditional foods to have tomorrow, so you will be hearing about that tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well, we will talk to everyone again soon.

Love,
Ben and Brady

P.S. Pictures will come soon, the cable to download pictures is in our bags which are still lost :-D

Advertisement



7th June 2007

Expert?
Ben- You sound like some sort of professional alcohol connoisseur....hmmm. Fascinating! Good luck with the bags and keep the blogs coming!!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb