Heidelburg isn't too shabby


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
July 23rd 2015
Published: July 23rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

So we spent pretty much two whole days in the gem that is Heidelburg. The old town was stunning.

When we arrived we were greete by free refreshing beers at the hostel which were gone pretty quickly in the 34 degree heat. The hostel was really nice and the legend of an owner treated us like family, doing our laundry and just generally being really caring. We walked around the lovely "old town" and had a much needed ice cream to try to cool down.

The evening was then spent at a brilliant restaurant in which we shared a keg and a pan full if German meats. A few rounds at various bars around town later and we were ready for a long sleep.

Today has been so exhausting (but in a good way). We started by walking up to and around the castle on the hills of Heidelburg and then took a small hike to and amphitheatre and church ruins. With special views along the way, the walk was a highlight. Sneeballes at the bottom (German pastries) were a bit of a dry disappointment but gave us enough energy to make our way back to the car.

Three hours later and we arrive in Nuremburg tired and hungry. For the first time the group is divided on what to eat. Jason and Steve eat out, Tom had a frozen pizza and Joss and I cooked a mammoth spag bol.

Looking forward to seeing a bit more of Nuremburg tomorrow and then driving to Prague!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb