Heidelberg 4-8 April 2010


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
April 8th 2010
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

View from our backpackersView from our backpackersView from our backpackers

This will be part of a panorama at some point
Heidelberge is a relatively small town that hosts a castle, a zoo and europes oldest university from like 1350 or so. We did even less here than in Frieburg but, choosing to have a few days off to chill out after that last week of hecktivity.

Waking from near sleep and thinking we were at our train stop (Heidelberge Hauptbhanof - Main Station) we jumped off the train in a rush to realize we were not at our train station. Not to worry, following on from the fitness thing we decided to walk to our hostel. So deducing a direction to plod in we set off until we found some free wireless to /iPhone to the rescue and found our hostel. This was rather difficult due to poor hostel signage, but find it we did! It is one of the cooled b´packers ive stayed in. A refurbished third floor of and old tabaco factory and was relatively small (by german standards where the average beds seems to be 300 per hostel, a side not, one in Berlin has over 900 beds wtf) and very homey.

An early night to bed after the hangover travels and insane amount of backpack walking of the day saw us start out early for the castle ruins on a distant hill in old town. Taking the walking option over figuring out public transport, also saving precious € for beers. Caslte was cool, old town was cool, old bridge was cool, old stuff was pretty much cool. Found a gym next to our hostel so we went and did some more body carving. Next day we slept in and lazed around reading etc. before we found an english movie, Dr Parnassus Imaginarium, Heath Ledgers last movie that got finished with like Johny Depp and some others so it was quite cooooool. We had another lazy day the next day and filled i with more washing and hunting down an Indian Restaurant that we had massive cravings for. A very cool german at the hostel took us on a pub crawl through old town where we, u guess it, drank milk...i mean beer. Also a vodka based shot with a fricking sardine in it...check that delicious piccy out lol /yuck? Daniel, our guide was an excellant host, offering to drive us to Stuttgart which apparently hosts Germany's second ''oktoberfest'' which starts in mid april. Our plans had us heading towards Dresden and eventually Berlin however.

End Heidelburg lol.

Moar from eastern Europe !!

Much Love
Nikorlus



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Me, the biggest wine barrel in the worldMe, the biggest wine barrel in the world
Me, the biggest wine barrel in the world

Not whyne barrell. Its inside the castle at Hiedelberg, who knew?. Great huh!
ShotShot
Shot

A not so nice vodka shot with a sardine in it. Why i have no idea, but ze germans told me to do it


Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb