Porto


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 31st 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

31 May 2011

I haven’t mentioned the weather before. For the first month of our trip it had been perfect, sunny and dry with temperatures in the 25-30 range. But today it changed with clouds and periods of rain.

We left our perfect beach and continued northwards along the west coast to the village of Piana. Just past there is an area of impressive rock formations called le Calanche and we did a couple of walks through them, one along an old mule track and one along a ridge to castle shaped rock called Chateau Fort. While we were getting ready we acted as good Samaritans again, we lent our puncture repair kit to a cyclist who was pushing his bike by. It was a good job we could help because he still had about 60k to go back to Ajaccio.

For our night stop it was like coming home. We stayed at Camping Sole e Vista just outside the town of Porto where we had pitched our tent for 2 weeks on our last visit to Corsica 9 years ago. By coincidence we were almost on the same pitch. We walked into Porto and had an excellent meal of fish which had been caught by the friendly owner’s father.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb