Inland to Venaco


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 29th 2011
Published: June 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

29 May 2011

We had intended to continue along the coast but some miss navigation by me meant we spent the first couple of hours of the day going over a remote mountain pass on narrow windy roads. When we did eventually get back on route we back tracked a bit to find a good beach where we could have a swim.

In the afternoon we headed inland to find a farm campsite we had been recommended located in the mountains close to the small town of Venaco. The location was every bit as scenic we had been told it would be.

At about 7.30 a young couple arrived on foot, pitched their tent and asked if there was a restaurant in the area as the one adjacent to the site was closed and they had no food. They therefore intended to walk back to Venaco which was 4k uphill. Eventually they accepted our offer to feed them with tinned chilly con carne and left over fried rice which they seemed to enjoy. Felix and Meg were Belgian and we had a very pleasant evening with them sharing a bottle of wine and swapping travelling stories.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.378s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb