Pyrénées-Orientales, Montpellier


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
January 4th 2009
Published: January 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Travel Period: 22 Dec 2008 - 02 Jan 2009


Xmas


I spent 4 days in Fred's place for Xmas - to experience the mid night church singing and praying, though I understand nothing. We went to the church at 9pm and came back by 12am, then start eating 'dinner' at 1am. After 'dinner' it was the most exciting part of the whole festive season - opening the presents. By the time we finished all it's nearly 3am, I was exhausted (of doing nothing).

Ski


After xmas we were heading to Pyreenee Orientales, part of the mountain range that separate France and Spain. This is the natural barrier that keep these 2 countries separated and not to be invaded easily in the past.

We stayed in a chalet in Bolquere, but we also visited Font Romeu at night, a nearby town which is more happening.

My first ever skiing - as you can see how I speed, lost control, fall and have a swollen foot as a result of twisting my ankle.

New Year


Bringing a twisted foot to new year party is not fun. After skiing, we continue the holiday in Montpellier - one of the main cities in Southern France. It is also a university town with one of the oldest medical school in the world. We were having new year's eve party and enjoy the last few days of the holiday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

FredFred
Fred

most exciting moment in xmas - opening the gift
waiting for another trainwaiting for another train
waiting for another train

on the way to Bolquere
my snowmanmy snowman
my snowman

with Ferrero Rocher and Snickers


9th January 2009

long time...
Hi KW, great to see you are still exploring and experiencing new things in Europe! We should catch up sometime soon - may be after work one eve?

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb