Dijon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
March 15th 2008
Published: April 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

so, after the train we made it out to Dijon and crashed for the night after walking ALL over Paris. What a beautiful town Paris...
Anywho, we woke up Saturday morning with a nice breakfast laid out for us by Luis' host mother. We had croissants and brioche, with the normal European staple -- NUTELLA! We hung around because we were so tired, but then his host mother made us coffee and we had some delicious cookies. We finally set foot out on the town and didn't get very far because I got completely distracted by SHOPPING! I ended up buying two pairs of shoes, and we made our way to a cafe were we enjoyed éclairs and coffee... oh and the world's most delicious keesh (how do you spell that word??)... well we some how found our way to get some wine, before we went to dinner. We sat down at a park and relaxing drinking some wine, and then headed to dinner. We wanted to go to a restaurant where we would dine on frog legs, but I lucked out on being there the one weekend it was closed for vacation, so we went somewhere else. There we dined on some escargot for appetizers, tons of baguette, then we had the most interesting meats... andouillette and some steak with sauce... which we covered with the dijon mustard. Google andouillette.... disgusting. We rounded off the night with some creme brulee and then met up with some of Luis's friends at a bar. The next morning, after a scrumptious breakfast of crepes made by his host mom, we did some more walking tour of Dijon.... and we climbed up their tower there. That way, we got another nice panorama of France. absolutely a beautiful country. We managed to eat some lunch, and then I headed on out back to Italy, arriving the morning of a test. Nonetheless, I do not regret the trip. It was an unforgettable experience and I discovered a new country I didn't realize I was going to love so much.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

dijondijon
dijon

you are supposed to touch this owl for good luck...
mmm winemmm wine
mmm wine

nothing like wine!
meat dishes...meat dishes...
meat dishes...

mmm... thanks I'll pass
BarBar
Bar

a neat lil' bar we went too
bar bar
bar

luis and me
breakfast!!!breakfast!!!
breakfast!!!

mmm crepes!
Typical roofTypical roof
Typical roof

of the Bourgogne region... or in English Burgundy


Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb