Waiting for better days


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
January 4th 2008
Published: January 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Opera HouseOpera HouseOpera House

Outside the Opera House.
Paris 4th of January 2008

Singapore is not the only city with to many people in the streets. Don't get me wrong. I love Paris! Its a great city. Finally I can eat decent bread again and enjoy old architecture and the arts the Grand way.

A visit to the Old Opera was like seeing an old friend again. What a marvelous piece of Art.

Unfortunately the Arts, with capital A however, is not always as easy to access as you may think. After the the long cues at the Musee D' Orsey the other day, we thought that the Grand Palais must be the easier bet.

Oh la la, how wrong I was! The sign said in black letters: From here 2 hours to the ticket boot. I love the Arts, but maybe not enough, as to waste most of my days waiting to get past the ticket boots.

Maybe Art pieces should not be in Museums anyways. I'm always slightly disappointed to see them displayed in museums. Its hard to believe that the artists intended to put their work in glass boxes, detached from the environment they were created for to begin with.

Oh well, shopping is always there, so we clinged to the stores at the Champs Elysees. After the shopping spree we went to the original Buddha Bar for drinks and dinner. A rather pleasant experience before the bill arrived. The Euro has gone crazy and makes even the Swiss Franc look weak for a change. Pretty much everything is over prized and makes me think that Singapore is maybe not that expensive after all.

With mixed experiences and a lighter valet we made our way home for a good night rest.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb