parisian heart


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
December 2nd 2007
Published: December 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

some highlights of our trip.

most of the unadulterated fun, including meeting various Basch-related characters, were left undocumented.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

the old face of Paristhe old face of Paris
the old face of Paris

the only place i've ever seen real live 5-year-olds in real live muffs.
the new face of Paristhe new face of Paris
the new face of Paris

no, not me. nor my style. but rather, the bike i am on. i was one of 15 at this stoplight. introducing....the velib'!
viva la velib'!viva la velib'!
viva la velib'!

the new parisian cycle scene: we jumped in on the fun - a curious system of nearly free bicycles, we pondered the various ways people must abuse the system. a secret society. we decoded at least one thing: the backwards seat means it's broken. or is it...?
viva urban agriculture!viva urban agriculture!
viva urban agriculture!

crowded with Japanese tourists, this vineyard still had soil to stand on. the last remaining urban vineyard in Paris was steps from our apartment.
espresso espresso buzz buzzespresso espresso buzz buzz
espresso espresso buzz buzz

smack dab in the middle of a park, there's an urban beehive operation going on. i love it.
romans in parisromans in paris
romans in paris

having mr. bean as my tour guide certainly brought alive the tour of this ancient roman arena unearthed in the middle of paris just over 100 years ago.
the 3 musketeers in paristhe 3 musketeers in paris
the 3 musketeers in paris

we still can't figure this one out: did we miss a revolution? this building, home of the "United Grocers of France", boasts the inscription "One for All, All for One". paper or plastic, grocers?
an urban oasisan urban oasis
an urban oasis

crepes, everywhere. and immigrants making them - hands moving so fast, my shutter couldn't capture the metered spluttering of batter followed by swathing of scrumptious fillings. finger-lickin' good.
nightcapnightcap
nightcap

and after 4 crepes (2 too many), we called our last evening a night and headed home.


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb