Holiday Europe 2007


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
May 4th 2007
Published: May 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Nous sommes en la belle France.
Drove thro the Channel Tunnel on Tuesday and stayed near Bethune. We have spent some time enjoying the architectural splendours of the city of Beaune, we also enjoyed a delicious boeuf bourguignon sitting outside in the warm April sunshine.
Avignon was our next port of call, we walked into the square to see the Palais de Papes and had a picnic lunch of bread and cheese with a glass of wine beside the Rhone looking at the Pont d'Avignon, (which is in fact half a bridge). Next we travelled to the cote d'azure and into Frejus, it was a beautiful evening and we walked along the front and into St Raphael.
On Saturday we drove into Italy, it was extremely busy and we were told it was a bank holiday week-end thro to Monday. We had difficulty finding a hotel room, I think we managed to bag the last room available in Italy at about 8pm, we were just beginning to think we would be sleeping in the car. On Sunday we abandoned our plans to visit Florence thinking it would be too busy. We drove north round Milan to the Italian Alps and thro Mont Blanc which is eleven and a half km long and the toll is 31.90 euros, (nearly as much as we paid to go thro the Channel Tunnel).Travelled across Switzerland and back into France. Stayed in Lons and visited Clairvaux and Lac du Chalain known to us from family camping holidays in the past. Monday night we had one of the best meals of our lives in a very modest looking place called Le Petit Auberge. Tuesday 1st May is a bank holiday in France and everywhere was closed even the restaurants it was difficult to get a meal. What you could buy were little bunches of muguet, (lily of the valley), sold on every street corner by children and sometimes adults.
On Thursday we drove into Belgium and had a wonderful day looking round Brugges. The city is beautiful and the weather was warm and sunny, we returned to our hotel in St Omer via Oostende and Dunkirk both very busy towns.
Friday we headed for the Channel Tunnel and home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Beaume les MessieursBeaume les Messieurs
Beaume les Messieurs

The Jura Region


14th September 2010
Brugges

its very lovely
hi pips n geroge it me manika i am from nepal i c ur pic its very lovely u know what i already put in my camputer(wallpeper)so iwante 2 c ur pic more ok by keep it on byby

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb