Its nice in Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 8th 2008
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

NiceNiceNice

Me and the sunset in Nice
What a lucky day 8-8-08 Dale and I got on the bus heading for Nice. The trip was amazing especially the beautiful Monte Carlo (Monaco), the guide pointed out interesting places to visit and showed us the Island that Bono from U2 owns. The views of the French Rivera from high up on the cliff side were spectacular we both steered out the window not taking our eyes of the lovely clear turquoise water. On the first night we went out for dinner with the Bus About group13euro got us a three course meal and it was delicious. It was so cool because it was an Irish pub and they had a big screen tv playing the Olympic opening ceremony. There was also a live band and happy hour all night for Bus About people.



On the first day we went to the beach and had a swim lay on the stones and chilled out, there was a man on the beach selling beer and coca light. He went around singing "Beera, Beera, Beera, coca light". I still can't get the song out of my head and I often find myself singing it even when we are not at the beach.



The next day we went to Cannes on the train we were glad to relax on a sandy beach, I didn't find the town as nice as Nice but it was still fun to see. It was Sunday so all the good shops were closed (To Dales delight). We didn't end up having a swim which I regretted later when I had to walk along millions of stones to get in and out of the water in Nice. I ended up wearing my jandals in to the water and using them as paddles on my hands once I got in. The water was so refreshing!


I was excited to go to Monte Carlo, we saw the Palace of the Prince and the Cathedral where Grace Kelly got married. We went into the Monte Carlo casino and spent 10 euro and come out with 0 euro. Dale went in a Ferrari 360 Modena Spider on the Formula one race4 track. I got dale to write his experience down,

"The ride took me right around the Monaco Grand Prix race circuit, also taking me off on the the open road to Open the
NiceNiceNice

Town
Throttle a bit. We got up to 150km/h it was a great experience and found it hard to believe F1 cars can do it at such speeds".



We both had open jaws as we looked around the port and saw so many super yachts in one place it was outstanding! They were huge. I saw one couple get of their yachts and get into their Bentley and get driven off. I can't even imagine the wealth in Monaco. Apparently just to live here you have to pay one million dollars to be a resident, then buy a house. The residents also get a full check before they get accepted to live there.

What a cool place, it has been so good to see.
We still have a few more days to relax before we are off on the road again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Dale in Monte CarloDale in Monte Carlo
Dale in Monte Carlo

Look at the view
DaleDale
Dale

Ferrari 360 Modena Spider COOL!


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb