Moved West along coast from Agay to Cavalaire-sur-Mer


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

At least that was the plan but…..

Off to rather a late start as such a friendly campsite and our neighbours on two sides were very chatty. By the time they had admired our garage and then the Tandy and Bob had loaded the scooter and thrown the storage boxes in behind it, we were well past our usual deadline of 10am to get on our way. And the garage is in an awfully untidy mess !
Quite a crawl along the coastroad past St-Raphael and Frejus. We needed a supermarket as not shopped for 9 days so found a Geant Casino. Mistake. Shop was far too big for us and as a result took us ages to find the limited selection of things we needed. As usual for French shops we queued for 20 minutes to get to the checkout. Sometimes (not often) I miss Tesco.
We only had an hour’s drive from Frejus, bypassing St Tropez and heading for an Acsi campsite which had been recommended at Cavalaire-sur-Mer. Reception was closed for siesta time but man told us it was completely full. Rats! We tried the other Acsi site in the middle of town. Full. It seems we have failed to spot that the coming weekend is a public holiday. Oops! Couldn’t see another Acsi site anywhere handy or at least none with the pool I want, so headed back a couple of miles to La Croix Valmer which is not really anywhere, it just has a campsite and a little, rather rundown beach. Got a spot on the campsite, up a corner but this is also very full. Will cost us lots as it is camping cheque discounted and we have none with us this trip. Double Rats! That means we have no electric as we don’t want to pay for it. (Yesterday our leisure battery (we have 2) nearly went flat after 3 days not hooked up, parked under thick tree cover, so the solar panel couldn’t see the light.)
This campsite (“Selection Camping” – an odd name) has a lovely pool. That’s all I can say about it really. The water in the pool was nice and cool on our skin which acquired a little too much sun, too fast yesterday. Would normally have got a nice gradual tan but that didn’t happen given weather of past week.
We walked down to the beach after dinner, hoping for pretty photographs, and then walked straight back up again. Unlike the scenic coastline at Agay, this area is not particularily pretty though there are plenty of flowers everywhere. We will stay another night as handy for visit to Ramateulle on the scooter. After that we have a possible problem as it looks as if all sites on this south coast area are going to be full for holiday weekend.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb