Lovely sunny day in Agay and along the Corniche d'Esterel


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Agay
June 8th 2011
Published: June 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Title of this blog sounds as if I’m about to burst into song. Just might, as it is so nice to see the sun and have a blue sky again after a full week of chilly, cloudy and rainy days.
No blog for yesterday (7th June) as we did nothing at all except laze about, reading and enjoying this pleasant little campsite right on the beach.

Today the weather has definitely calmed down to a much more summery feel and we woke to a bright blue sky. Scooter at the ready we set off for a ride along the Corniche d’Esterel, a dramatic drive.
Didn’t get far at first attempt, just to campsite entrance in fact, when I stopped to clean my glasses under my helmet visor and realised I hadn’t put them on. Doh. Returned to Tandy and set off again with vision restored.
We drove about 3 miles along and I asked Bob to stop so I could take a photo at a scenic viewpoint. Ooops – camera not in handbag. We returned to the campsite and collected trusty Minolta Dynax and set off again (I swear I heard Bob muttering something like “Alzheimer's” under his breath as he started the engine for the 3rd time !).
Beautiful ride along the coast road, the Corniche D’Esterel, heading east in the direction of Cannes. We stopped lots of times to admire the views and take photos. Don’t think we would enjoy the road as much in August holiday traffic as the road is pretty windy and steep in places but it was quiet today.
We drove through Anthéor, Cap-Roux, Mirimar and stopped at Théoule-sur-Mer . This is a lovely little seaside town with a super beach swimming area. We wished we had taken our swimming things as the sea looked really inviting. Bought sandwiches and drinks from a boulangerie and ate them sitting on a bench by the sea.
As we needed fuel and hadn’t passed a garage we carried on another few miles to Mandelieu-la-Napoule and filled the scooter with all the petrol it will take, 5.5 litres.
Then back to the campsite, into swimming gear and armed with our sun-loungers we walked 100 yards to the beach and settled down for a sunbathe.
The sea is surprisingly warm and had a nice swim but the water here is not clear at all. I must admit I prefer to see through the sea to the bottom.
We had dinner at the campsite restaurant on a verandah overlooking the sea. Almost had wet pizza as it started to rain when we were halfway through and we had to retreat inside.
Tomorrow we will move a little further West along the coast, we are currently 6 days ahead of our schedule, having cut short the Alps days, so have longer to spend on the coast than originally planned. Excellent now the weather is looking better.





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb