Cannes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cannes
April 1st 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another morning, another breakfast of baguettes, jam, and coffee...I am so ready to be done with baguettes, paninis, and anything bread related at this point. At least this was our last day in France and we had better food to look forward to in Italy. After breakfast, we boarded the train to Cannes which was a quick trip from Nice. The weather in Canne was absolutely beautiful, and I could picture the stars here for the film festival.

We walked along the waterfront and then sat outside to enjoy some relaxation and sun. After we were thoroughly roasted, we decided to cool off by playing the slots in a casino. And then we remembered that gelato is so refreshing and can also having cooling effects...so two scoops of gelato for me please. When we had had enough of Cannes, we took the train back to Nice and quickly gathered our stuff to catch yet another train to Milan. We had a very nice trek up a nice long hill with our rapidly expanding luggage to get back to the train station.

Our train for Milan left around 6pm, and arrived over 5 grueling hours later at around 11:30pm. We walked through a sketchy part of town, including a tunnel and past some drag queens to get to our next accommodation, Hotel Demo. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the building, so we had to muster our remaining energy to carry our bigass suitcases up the stairs.

By this time it was midnight, and we were tired and starving. We agreed that going to bed hungry would not be an option so we left the comforts of our hotel to go search out food. Luckily, we didn't have to go very far and we were able to find a cheap pizza place that was still serving food. I was still having some serious meat cravings so I ordered a whole pie all to myself with Italian sausage...delicious!

I was loving Italy so much more already. The people were friendlier, the cities were cleaner, and the food was better. The only drawback was that most restaurants had a cover fee to sit, anywhere from 1.5 to 3 euros. What a bummer, I guess not everything can be perfect.

Well, no more bonjours for now, and lots of Ciao bellas to come...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb