Collège International de Cannes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Cannes
February 19th 2008
Published: February 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is what the school is like! There are some things that are pretty different than schools in the US but some are similar. My room is a pretty good size, its really narrow but long and it has lots of storage space, when i first saw it i didnt know if the closet would hold all my stuff but it does with room leftover! there is a sink in our room, which ive never had before but its pretty nice to not have to share a sink with twenty or so other girls! the showers and toilets are right across the hall from my room so its not too bad to walk to and i havent really had a problem with cold showers or anything luckily! the toilets are definitely smaller than those in the US, and the middle ones are really too small so no one can fit in there!
I took some pictures of the cafeteria too, this is different because its not buffet style like most colleges, there is a small buffet for a salad/soup at the beginning of the meal, but later you sit down and the main course and dessert are served to you. its nice cause everyone eats at the same time so you get to know people pretty well when you can sit down and have a meal. The food is ok, there isnt much flavor so people use a lot of salt and pepper. The meal is always some kind of meat and usually a vegetable too. i only have the meal plan that provides lunch so i go out for dinner or get something at the bar, im glad i did that though cause the food does get old pretty quick.
My class is pretty small, only about 12 people, and its all in French. The first part of class is learning new grammar, and the last half is conversation in French were the teacher selects topics and we talk about them, such as how different countries vary. My class is mostly Americans but there is a Norwegian girl, a Japanese girl, and there was a Swedish man. At the college, programs last as long as someone wouldl like, because the Swedish man left after two weeks and the Japanese girl will only be there for a month total but we will get more people too, an Italian group showed up the other day, Im not sure how long they will be here for.
The bar is where students can go and hang out, its a good place to do homework or sit with friends like a student union i guess. They sell food there too.
Thats pretty much my school! Its real small but pretty cool!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.409s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb