Road Trip!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Avignon
November 11th 2007
Published: November 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well after the long week of having mom here it was time to get back to my crazy traveling schedule. This time around I stayed within France, which is really something I wish I could do more often because there is just so much to see here. Our program provides excursions, so for this time around we took a road trip to Avignon, France. It has come in handy only having three of us in the program this semester, makes the whole traveling thing a lot easier with our directors. It should be interesting next semester for them because there is going to be twenty students. Anyway, we took a road trip from Antibes to Avignon making a stop in Arles along the way to check out some Roman ruins there, such as the amphitheater which looks like a mini coliseum, old roman baths, and many other assorted sights, we had a bit of car trouble on the way and ending up taking the train from Arles to Avignon, which was a nice short ride. We arrived in Avignon and went to the Palace of Popes which was very amazing. After visiting the palace Elly and I did some window shopping and then met everyone at a pub to have a cold beer. I probably had one of the best dinner that night a good three course meal ending with some pretty great Tiramisu and a bit of a buzz from all of the beer and wine I had drank. The next day we left the hotel early and left for Pont du Gard, a Roman aqueduct made to transfer water from one town to the next during the roman times. We took some pretty great jumping pictures there. After a pleasant time at Pont du Gard we ventured to a vineyard/wine cellar and did a bit of wine tasting and then wine buying hehe. It was amazing locally made wine, and now we have 5 liters of white wine and 5 liters of red wine waiting to be conquered. After wine tasting we went to a small town located on a top of a mountain called Baux, a medieval town that was carved out of the rocks of the mountain. It was so windy there I thought I would be blown over, but the town was so crazy, it has a great view of the whole valley. Off to our last stop of the trip to Aix en Provence, a town that is like a mini mini Paris, with some great places to shop and cobble stone streets. It was a nice end to a good trip. I really enjoyed traveling with our directors and my roommates, we always have a good time together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



29th February 2008

Van Gough! My favorite painting of his....LUCKY. I'm thinking it's time to go back to Europe. WHO'S WITH ME!?

Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb