Le Crotoy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Picardy » Le Crotoy
August 30th 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

So far so very good. All the rain which has fallen has fallen when we have been inside and a couple of times has kindly waited until we were just safely back inside before landing. We are beginning to feel blessed.

We had a very short drive to our next stopping stop at Le Crotoy on the Baie de la Somme. Bob chose a scenic country route to get there, which was lovely, as the countryside in this part of northern France is beautifully pastoral with lots of neat and tidy villages filled with attractive buildings and an abundance of flowers. We stopped to fill up with fuel (diesel) which works out at over 20p less than in the UK and I popped into the Carrefour for a few French essentials, cooking wine, wine for Bob, olives, Huile de noix and soft walnut cheese. All we need really.

We had seen the aire at Le Crotoy on a previous visit and were very pleased to find ourselves a spot for the night. Must be 100+ motorhomes parked up and not surprising as it is such an excellent location. We have a small river behind the Tandy and we had a magic moment when we spotted a kingfisher flitting across the water. Wonderful sight.

A lovely 10 minute stroll along the marina into Le Crotoy where we had frites for lunch and then a coffee. Then off for a walk along the beach.

Quite a windy day but kindly, it stayed dry all the time we were out and was lovely whenever the wind blew the clouds away, though it did insist on keep blowing them back again.

Had an excellent walk along the sands looking across to St-Valery-Sur-Somme which we visited last time on the little steam train which runs round the bay. We then walked out across the causeway path and took in lots of lovely lung cleansing ozone laden sea air. That should finally clear my cough !

Then down to the station so Bob could view the steam train – he needs his fix – before returning to the aire, now almost full, for dinner and an evening in.



Tomorrow we move south a bit faster than today and Bob has plotted a route to avoid Rouen as we have good reason to bypass it, far safer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb