We made it back to France. First time since June 2018. Hurrah.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais
February 24th 2022
Published: February 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

As Mixy was all packed and raring to go all we had to do was pretty well get up and go. A shower with no heating on was chilly but soon sorted by the fan heater, last few teckie things like tablet and camera loaded into Mixy and off we went. Away by 8.30 and after an hour of drizzly rain the sun came out, sky went blue and holiday here we come.

Down the M1, round the M25, a bit of accidental M2 before getting the M20 (sun so bright it was really hard to read the signs) and we were in Folkestone at the Chunnel port in just over 4 hours. 220 miles but that did include a quick leg-stretch on the M25. Checked in via touch screen and all automated. We had pre-filed our Passenger locator form, French sworn honesty statement of no Covid and uploaded our Covid passes (double jabbed + bonus booster) against the Shuttle booking.
After that a doddle. Into ‘official France land’ via the passport kiosk, no further questions asked and we were onto the train….1 hour and 20 mins earlier than the one we had booked.

And so we arrived in France at last. Straight out of the chunnel area and onto the A26 but then turned off to Ardres for our stopping place for the night. This is an authorized overnight parking area with a lake to one side and canal to the other. Just us here and as I type this on the laptop I can hear the wind outside but see nothing as it is pitch black.

It took us a few minutes to remember where everything has been put but soon sorted, heating on running on the engine diesel, fridge and hot water working on gas and lights on the leisure battery powered by engine when running and otherwise by solar panel. Lots of sunshine today as sky has been bright blue for 50% of the day so should have no power problem. We are not used of late to not having hook up but have everything we need to get by including a new battery in this laptop and a full charged charging unit for the phones and tablet.

Time for a leg stretch, sky blue, sun out even if icy wind and a perfect place for a stroll so went along the lake for a while and admired lots of quacking ducks then walked up to the village hoping for a boulangerie but closed on Jeudi. Shame, had fancied fresh crispy baguette with our pre-prepared chilli but no matter.. and we had forgotten to put any Euros in the wallet so might have been tricky paying for it anyway.

Back at Mixy, everything working a treat, so far. Driving all day tomorrow via Paris and will take the autoroute to there but after that should be able to use the N roads which we always far prefer. So far so very good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb