Calais and Home


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais » Calais
September 22nd 2013
Published: September 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A little disappointed when we set off from Les Andelys to find the sun had gone in. The glorious sunset over the River Seine of the previous evening had promised a lovely day but sadly, almost as soon as we set off, some heavy low cloud descended and hid all the lovely blue sky.



No problem though, not as if we were planning to sit outside sunbathing, we had to drive North to the coast for our ferry.

We took a cross-country route, avoiding motorways and big towns. Had a lucky break when we stopped at the Intermarche for fuel. I nipped into the store for bread and found the plates I had been looking for, for the last 3 weeks. Square, glass and they make desserts, any dessert, look brilliant.

Bob made a good suggestion to break the drive – a stop at Le Crotoy. Excellent, we know we can always park there, on the Aire by the harbour. Parked, paid the €5 parking fee and walked along into the town. Sunday lunch, except in Luz St Savieur (!), is French eating out time. So we joined them. Had to wait quite a while for our food as everywhere was very busy and there were a lot more customers than waiters, but the crevettes and frites were lovely.

Back to Tandy and we drove straight up to Calais, parked on the aire and paid our €7 to the aire parking attendant. Then our usual stroll along the seafront, a drink in a bar and frites from the frites van to go with the scrambled eggs and beans I made. Delicious and a perfect meal to end our holiday.

Up at 6am next day, ready to catch the 7.45 P&O ferry back to Dover. Home by 2pm. Everything exactly as we left it except Chris has very kindly cut the grass and a few brave sunflowers have made it into flower.

All that remains is to empty the Tandy, wash everything and then get ready for Autumn at home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb