Visit to Figeac


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Figeac
June 18th 2023
Published: June 21st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Today we drove down to the town of Figeac in the car for a visit. Lovely place indeed, just filled with gorgeous old buildings. Being a Sunday is a was nice and sleepy with not too many other tourists walking around.


We stopped for a coffee and later decided to buy little quiches at a boulangerie but were then stuck to find anywhere to sit to eat them and we needed a drink anyway. We settled at a cafe table under the market hall in the central square and drank our drinks while secretly eating our quiche when the waitress wasn’t looking. We weren’t being mean in not eating the café’s food, we had just fancied the quiche. The waitress was a bit drippy anyway (said they didn’t have jus d’abricot but when I asked what jus she had she listed abricot ..??!!).

I have plenty of photos to show you what a delightful place it is and well worth a visit. The town falls down to the river and we went a little higher up the other side and reminded ourselves that you must always also look behind you as there are some really pretty sights to see.

We then drove to Capdenac, a town also on the Lot river which we passed through on the way to Figeac yesterday. Had a little stroll along the river but then returned to the campsite where, glory be, the swimming pool was open.

Drove from the campsite to the pool which was a little ridiculous but could see no other easy way to get there. As we parked so did a lot of others, mainly locals. We had free entry with our campsite wrist bands. Pool is lovely, in fact pools as there are two. BUT nowhere to sit except on the floor. I can neither sit on the floor nor get down there or up again so that was a no no. We had a cooling swim and then returned right away to the motorhome.

We packed everything away ready to depart next day and were later glad we had as there was a storm in the night and everywhere got very wet. The hot dry weather we have had so far is changing to cooler and wetter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb