Metz France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lorraine » Metz
June 20th 2013
Published: August 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.1161, 6.1727

We left Trier in Germany this morning with light rain falling, increasing in intensity as we drove towards Metz in France.

Metz is a city in the northeast of France located at the confluence of the Moselle and Seille rivers. Like Trier, Metz has a rich history, dating back 3,00 years to the Celts and then Gallo-Roman empires.

Arriving early in Metz, we were able to book our car into the Hotel, and then proceeded to walk the city. We took our umbrellas as it was raining, but the rain didn't last long, with the sun breaking through and lasting the afternoon.

First stop was St Etiennes (St Stephens) Cathedral, a very large Gothic Church which reminded us of Notre Dame. The stained glass windows were awesome, with this church having the largest area of stained glass windows of any church in the world.

Next stop was the famous Protestant Church on the Moselle River which reminded us of Ilse de Cite in Paris. The houses along the canals and river are similar to those in Venice and Paris.

We then viewed an old Roman Guard House and then walked back to our Hotel.

More of Metz to explore tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb