Bonjour, Parlez-Vous Anglais?


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon
September 26th 2014
Published: September 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Flying into Carcassonne airport we made out way to a little town outside Quillan, in the Languedoc Roussilon region in the South of France. After a couple of days, i soon discovered my French was worse than basic and my 'wrong side of the road' driving was also a bit dodgy.

"Parlez-Vous Anglais?" - the answer to this question would determine the length of my conversation, the amount of hand gestures involved and speed/volume at which i would speak at (because speaking loudly, slowly and waving hands about naturally helps with the language barrier..and isn't annoying in the slightest). Despite my language/driving limitations we headed out to explore the cathare country, lakes and countryside. Amongst all our exploring we did manage to paint the house and ourselves (one of the reasons for our trip) and some DIY.

After a few weeks my French (and my tan) improved. We reconfirmed (as if it was ever in doubt) our love for the fabulous french cheese, bread, wine and moules frites!

To finish off our time in time in France we headed for the coast to Banyuls sur mer and the beautiful but very busy Collioure. We ended our trip with paint in our hair, covered in mozi bites, tanned and fat and drunk from all the yummy food and drink - what more could we have asked for?!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb