Day 2: Sete & Montpellier


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Montpellier
August 30th 2011
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Carcassonne - Montpellier


SeteSeteSete

Exploring the streets and canals of Sete.
After a good night’s sleep we packed our bags once again and checked out of our unforgettable hotel. We jumped back into our bright green Picasso and began our drive further south across the French countryside towards Montpellier. However before we reached the motorway we briefly stopped at a fantastic lookout point with uninterrupted views of the beautiful medieval city of Carcassonne, a few photos later and we were on our way again. We took a small detour for lunch to a small fisherman’s town called Sete, where we parked the car and had a brief look around. We stopped for a quick bite to eat at a small street café then we followed up a really crappy lunch with some amazing French pastries, in fact I had the best vanilla slice (or millefeuille as they say in France) that I’ve ever, ever eaten. We made our way back to the car and continued our drive to Montpellier.

We arrived into the city centre in the early afternoon, but had no idea where our hotel was, and to make it more difficult there were several Ibis hotels in the city. So we drove around and around in circles for almost
SeteSeteSete

The beautiful fishing town of Sete.
an hour before we finally resorted to parking in the public underground car park under the main square and got out and walked to our hotel. Eventually we found it, checked in and shortly after met my parents again to explore the city. For the rest of the afternoon we showed my parents around this beautiful and lively city, taking the opportunity to do some shopping while we were here. We were also recommended a place called Odysseum by our waitress last night, so we took a chance, and a tram to find an enormous open air shopping centre. After a few hours wandering around shopping we headed back into the city and let my parents explore on their own before meeting us back at the hotel a little later. Hannah and I did a little more shopping before heading back to the hotel for a much needed rest.

In the early evening we met with my parents again and took them out to dinner at an amazing restaurant called Entrecote, who only serve steak and frites. It was better than I remembered, we all completely stuffed ourselves once again and decided we couldn’t possibly go to sleep on a full stomach, so we explored the backstreets of Montpellier to walk it off. My parents found this city really interesting and full of life, somewhere you could quite easily call home. After wandering around for a good half an hour or so we slowly made our way back to the hotel and rest for another busy day ahead.

Day 2:
Carcassonne - Montpellier
175 KM TRAVELLED // 496 KM TOTAL
Hotel Ibis Centre Comedie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb