Paris, Day 1


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
June 24th 2013
Published: June 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had an early start this morning getting ready to travel to France. The taxi picked us up and took us to the train station where we caught the Eurostar train to Paris. The train was quite full and the station was busy. We had nice seats. The Eurostar travels around 300km/hr and it travels 195 mtrs below sea level at it deepest point. It took about 3 hours to get to Paris and we had another taxi at the train station to take us to our Hotel. It is cold in France and there were some showers and wind! We arrived at the hotel and took a trip on the Metro (underground) to where we had to meet for our Illumination of Paris trip this evening. The station is quite close to the hotel. There are pretty buildings but lots of homeless people who sleep on the street in sleeping bags. When we were having something to eat by the Louvre we saw a whole lot of protestors letting off flares and making lots of noise. There were also lots of Police. We went back to the Hotel then returned to our meeting point at 7.30. Tour did not start until 10pm so we walked thru the pretty gardens and looked in the little street seller stalls. It doesn't get dark until 10 pm and I was feeling tired when I got on the bus. It had started to rain. I fell asleep but mum enjoyed the tour. She said the Eiffel Tower looked pretty. We caught the metro back to the Hotel. It was midnight when we got back!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb