Paris the City of Love (and dog doo)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
May 11th 2011
Published: May 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The TowerThe TowerThe Tower

Wellll we had to prove we were there!
After 2 more days in Paris, Jane and I have sore feet from walking all those extra kilometers (due to sub standard maps not our poor navigation skills). As the title of this enry says, the city of Paris is known for a lot of things..... including the Parisian's love of dogs (not to eat of course.... just to take on leads around the streets). The slightly stale and pungent smell of urine is noticeable as you walk around most public areas. There is also the evidence of stained walls along the foot paths. Looking down now and then is important if you don't want to step in anything.
Anyway enough of that. Those of you who have visited
Paris would attest to the fact that about every 4th shop is a cafe. These are a cross between bars and coffee shops/cafes. They are always full of the local people, either drinking wine, beer or coffee and eating pastries. What I am always wondering is while this maybe a great lifestyle.... does anyone here have work to go to (other than those that run the cafes)??
I must say that we have found all the French people we meet really friendly
Keys of loveKeys of loveKeys of love

These keys (thousands of them are attached to every square inch of this bridge railing. They usually have 2 names written on them. I understand that lovers declare their undying love for each other, attach the padlock and then throw away the key. Not unique to Paris (apparently there is something similar in Woolongong). Maybe we could start something in Hobart
and helpful. All you need to do is look a little helpless at the Metro station and someone will eventually get the non verbal cue and ask whether you need help. After about an hour of orientation to the Metro we found it an easy and cheap way to get around Paris. Doesnt matter how far you travel it only costs 1.20 Euro per trip/s (as long as you don't exit.
Most younger people can speak good English so hasnt been a proble. With the older non English speaking person I find that pointing at what you want and using fingers to indicate how many of something you want works a treat (reminds me of the behaviour of the great apes with less grunting).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb