Day 1 - a full day of taveling!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 25th 2005
Published: October 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

the Flight


Kelley's dad dropped us off at the airport with plenty of times to spare. So while waiting for our plane to board, Kelley went and got some Burger King and I watched the people with the obnoxious child. WE eventually got on our plane, Kelley was kind of spazing out even with all the drugs she took. We landed a little early in Chicago, Jenn came running over worried that we had missed our flight. She thought we had a longer layover than we did. We ended up sitting just behind Jenn on the flight from Chicago to Paris so that was pretty cool. Once again Kelley panicked a little. She is a horrible flyer! The flight, however, was not bad at all. It didn't drag on like the last time I flew to Europe. We should arrive 8:30am Paris time, and my guess is we will be through customs, checked in to our hotel and ready to explore by noon. I already warned Kelley that if she is going to be a pain in the ass, tired and cranky she should stay in the hotel. She was really grouchy when I picked her up from the airport after she went to visit her mom, she really cranky and bitchy. But totally fine after she took a nap!

Arrival


We arrived right on time, which is awesome! We blew through customs and headed for the train station. We took the metro from Charles de Gaulle airport to Gare du Nord for 8 euros, which was ALOT cheaper than a taxi would have been! When we got to the train station we decided since the hotel (on the map anyway) wasn't very far we would just walk... Yeah... big mistake. They were still ripping up the roads like the last time I was out there! So we had to off road a little with our luggage! Then we ended up going up hill, down hill, around construction, ugh, it was very tiring. Anyway we found the hotel, down a cute little street with a hostel across the way from us, and small market, a bar, and a couple of (I think) apartments.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb