Contiki and Paris!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 16th 2006
Published: September 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well our first sights of France were beautiful. Last night we arrived in Paris and were treated with a surprise visit to go up the Eiffel Tower from Austin (our tour manager) and Jarrad (bus driver).
We got the lift up the 324 metres to some fantastic views over Paris.
Today we went to all the must do's of Paris! The Lourve (Mona Lisa), the Notre Dame Cathedral, Seine River, Arc De Triumph. The highlight would have been Jarrad launching us in a 50 seater bus onto a 6 lane round-a-bout around the Arc de Triumph playing Danger Zone from Top Gun over the speakers. The reason for the danger is that all the vehicles already on the round-a-bout have to give way to those coming on. So basically we stopped six lanes of traffic while our big bus pushed through. Paris is a lot bigger than we thought but we had a massive day and ended it with a Cabaret Show in the red ligh district - Mount Marte. Kev wasn't the only guy on tour excited about the boobs. Overall it was a good way to end our time in Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Contiki BusContiki Bus
Contiki Bus

Our home for the next 21 days!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb