Driving in Paris!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 23rd 2006
Published: June 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi people interested in the Hinkley blog. We had a very interesting day yesterday...hardly relaxing, but I am glad we made the effort. If you remember we had a "must do" list, and everyone got a choice. Deans "must do" was to visit the Champagne region of France. Sounds easy - just hire a car and drive about 90 minutes (if you miss it you end up in Germany!!) I am telling you now NEVER drive in Paris - I drew the short straw. Besides everything being on the wrong side, not understanding any signs, and the maniac drivers I must have done something right because once we were on the A4 freeway there was snoring in the back seat. Reims (the town in the centre of Champagne) was its self very boring but once you enter the Champagne houses you enter another world. We went to Taittinger, Piper-Heidesieck and Veuve Clicquot all with a very interesting tour. You will never drink another glass of Champagne again without appreciating what happens before it ends up in your glass. The drive home was not without problems but we still arrived back with our new car unscathed!!
Today was another day of walking through the Louve. Such a large collection of magnificent art works that some how it looses its impact. Just another Di Vinci....quite amazing. Here are some photos. Sadly this is our last day together. Tomorrow Lee, Nicole and Dean set off back to London and Peter and I start the long journey home. Enjoy these photos I may not be able to load any more. Au revoir Paris.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb