Tourist trip through Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 21st 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi to everyone interested in the Hinkleys travel blog. There has been some technical problems with Lees computer so I have not been so diligent to add a new one every day but I will briefly try to bring everyone up to speed on what we are doing.
Obviously still in Paris, and loving every minute. When we first arrived we had a family meeting to discuss what everyone wanted to do and then simply divided the "must do's" geographically and into days. We have managed by day 5 to fit in heaps and the list has plenty crossed out. We have done the obvious tourist attractions as well as some not so obvious.
With Peter's choice the girls were not so happy to do, but since we had dragged him through many clothes shops it only seemed fair that he had a turn. His choice was the Catacombs where there are 6 million bodies buried and you walk amongst the maze of tunnels lined with sculls and bones -arranged very neatly (very Parisian).
There was another problem to our trip to Versailles. After negotiating 30 minute train trip we got to the gates of this magnificent palace, only to find it closed on Monday!!!What then seemed to be a problem was actually very fortunate because we then spent the whole day just appreciating the magnificent gardens that surround Versailles. (Not on the list - but well worth the time).
Enjoy the photos.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb