travel day 17: paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 10th 2006
Published: June 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

we all woke up late skipping the expensive non refundable versaille bike tour and paying a shitload of money buying a train package to take us there and grant us admission there. versaille is the palace of all palaces and not covered with paintings of jesus everywhere. i was impressed. my parents then got friendly with a couple they met that also grew up in queens in nyc. it was hot as hell today. my jeans started to stick to me and felt more like leggings. we ate a super late lunch that was expensive but still not as bad as england. our tiny awful salad had pate on the side so i just didnt eat it because i was so fricken hungry. i wish soda here wasnt a rip off and i wish they used ice cubes and actually have air conditioning. yeah im a spoiled american. whats so wrong with living comfortably, getting refills on soda, and having salad dressing? we got into the apartment at 6 pm and changed our clothes and took showers. i think paris has a lot of kewl sites to see dont get me wrong, and overall the people here have been willing to help. the only real unfriendly and unwilling to help people i would say are the ones working as servers. i just wanted these next 9 days with my family here in france to hurry up. im not loving france or at least paris. maybe normandy will be different when we go there in a few days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb