Paris - the city of art!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 27th 2011
Published: August 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Paris has so many beautiful sights. We took a coach tour to see many of them.
We went to the base of the Eiffel tower, took the metro, shopped on the Champs d’Elysees, ate pizza at a café, and visited the outside of the Louvre. We were in Paris for 5 hours...it was extremely crowded and not that clean!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Le Tour EiffelLe Tour Eiffel
Le Tour Eiffel

Note the cloudy day...looks nasty but it was a good break from all the sun and heat from the last 2 weeks. The Eiffel Tower was built in 1887 and is painted every 7 years. It has been yellow, brown and grey. The tower has 3 levels. It is 300 steps to the first level!!
L'arc de triompheL'arc de triomphe
L'arc de triomphe

This famous arch was begun by Napoleon to welcome his soldiers back from war. You can only get to the arch by underground tunnel as it is situated in the centre of the busiest round about in the world!
Les fontainesLes fontaines
Les fontaines

(Gardens of the Trocadero) have the Fountains of Warsaw. These fountains are supposed to be spectacular at night!!
Inverted PyramidInverted Pyramid
Inverted Pyramid

The inverted pyramid is found in an underground mall below the pyramid at the Louvre museum.
Le sculptureLe sculpture
Le sculpture

There are two sculptured blocks at the fountains of Trocadero. One of them is "Jeunesse" ("Youth"), by Pierre Poisson, and "Joie de Vivre" ("Joy of Life"), by Léon Drivier.


Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb