Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 20th 2011
Published: May 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Paris

Today was our first full day in Paris. Since it was a Sunday no shops were open. Luckily I found that out on the Internet otherwise we would have been set for shopping. So we went to the Eiffel tower and we stopped at each level and had a look. There were three levels. When we were in the lift you would look up you could see how far we would go up and let me tell you it was pretty far! When we got to the summit there were great views but not great views looking up at the tip of the tower. I held my camera out and took a photo of the bottom of the tower and it was a pretty good view. When we were waiting to go down the lines were to long so we took the stairs and I was pretty happy. We got to see the inside of the tower and I took a few photos. When we got down we decided to go to a little cafe for lunch even though it was 4:30! We decided to go and walk down and get a good nice view without it being to up close. So we walked down pass these big nice grass areas that were all closed off by fences but that didn't stop people going in them. We got to the end and we stopped and took a nice picture looking all the way down at the Eiffel tower. Mum wanted to stop and take a picture of the Eiffel tower in the background with a bike but I didn't think that turned out very good. So when we were heading back on our left were these sandy type kind of rocky huge place and we saw a dog training area and we saw a few wedding pictures getting taken. As we kept walking further we saw a big boutique type of Market so we had a look at that. Then we went to the metro station. Once we got to our station we decided to skip tea and go for dessert and chocolat chaurd/hot chocolate.

When we got into Paris I was relieved to finally get a taxi and get to jp's apartment that he kindly let us use. It was as small as he said it would be. I couldn't believe anyone would be able to live in there. There was a little lift in the building that was only allowed to fit three people  so when we got there me and jp and some of the bags went up and it was pretty tight.

When we went and had a tour of the little area around the apartment he showed us where the metro, bakeries and good coffee places were. And he told us how it is cheaper to have a coffee at the counter and not sit down. 

When we went to have a look at the Eiffel tower there was quite a lot of people there but that didn't matter to us because we had already booked a ticket. When we got about two thirds of the way up we had to get out and queue to get into another lift to get all the way up.  When we got up we looked down at the grass and it was covered with people. It looked like a little pacth of grass covered in multiple coloured ants. In some of the buildings we saw, on top there were little roof gardens. On our way down the stairs (the queue for the lifts was to long) we got to have a look at what was inside the Eiffel tower. It was basically all metal beams. 

In Paris I thought there would be a lot of good shops and i thought I'd buy a lot. But there wasn't a lot of cheap stuff. It was was only hundred dollar clothes. We went into this one shoe shop and I looked around and saw some red and White checked shoes that I liked so I ended up getting them. And that was all I got. And of course some presents for my friends. 

On the second to last day we went on a river boat cruise and we saw most of the attractions like the Eiffel tower and Notre dame and others. We passed heaps of bridges and I spotted one that had hundreds of locks locked to it. 

We went to this one museum on the last day called the Louvre and it had the Mona Lisa and lots of other famous things in it. We finally got to the part where the Mona Lisa was and there was lots of huge paintings and then we walked into this room where there was a huge painting on the wall and on the other side was a small painting and it was the Mona Lisa. 


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb