Paris (Day 2 and 3)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 3rd 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Havent made up my mind about Paris yet...its very busy, crowded a lot of homeless people and beggers and a lot dirtier tahn i thought. But in sayuing that there was also a lot of good things.

We did an aweful lot of walking and along the way experienced some wornderful pastries and a couple of good sites such as the Lourve, Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triumph and of course the Moulin Rouge. The Lourve would take a week to explore and take in all on its own. However since we only had the afternoon we just hit the big ones (Mona Lisa and the Venus De Milo) and wandered around some more of the hallways.

Then we could see the Eiffel Tower and thought we could wander over.....two hours later we could still see the Eiffel tower and were still wandering over it. We finally arrived but definitely didnt have the leg power to walk up all those stairs.

So we jumped on the site seeing bus and headed back to the hotel, although it would have been much quicker to walk considering all that dam Parisian traffic.

Grabbed some quick dinner then headed to the hotel for a quck snooze before the Moulin Rouge.

The Moulin Rouge was spectacular, full of bright lights, sparkles, feathers, dancing and even more boob :-)-B There were more male dances than I expected, unfortunately they kept all their clothes on :-). We were presented with a bottle of champagne (the real stuff) and sat back and enjoyed the show. Its hard to explain the show, but it either way it was absolutley amazing and someting we will always remember.

After a sleep in and more pastries we jumped on the bus and headed for the Eiffel Tower. After arriving at the Eiffel Tower and over 500 stairs later we had the perfect view of Paris. After fueling up on hotdogs and pomme frites we headed back down those same 500 odd stairs.

We then headed over to the Arc de Triomphe and strolled down the Champs Elysees window shopping in LV, Gucci, Cartier....it was just like King St Perth ;-)

After finally getting back to the hotel we sat down at a little cafe and had some dinner. The wait staff were exceedingly patient with us (considering we couldn't speack french and they couldnt speak english). After a lot of sign language and miming we had one of the funnest and nicest meals we have had on the trip.

Anyways tomorrow we are off on the bus to Bern.

Luv Bek xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb