Day 11


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 1st 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our free day, and for me, it was one of my biggest days on the trip. Today was the day that I took on the city of Paris by myself… or at least with a group of other people. Today was also the national holiday of Pentecôte, so it felt as though the city wasn’t as overly crowded as it could potentially be. We took the TGV train from Strasbourg to Paris, and immediately had to navigate the treacherous Paris Subways system. Thanks to Janet, we easily maneuvered our way to the Eiffel Tower, where we met up with one of Cat’s friends, Shannon, who is currently studying abroad in France. With her help we could more quickly and effectively maneuver the city and we quickly picked out the sites we wanted to see. We picked the Notre Dame Cathedral, The Louvre and the Arch D’Triumph. After seeing these sites we did some shopping and ate. After this, we took the subway back to the train station to catch our train home. This was one of the longest days I’ve had in Europe, but it was one of the most memorable days of my entire life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb