Day 12


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our final full day in Europe. We started the day off right by eating goose liver and drinking wine. This was not nearly as bad as it sounds as the liver tasted much like dark meat poultry with a texture comparable to playdoh. Foie Gras is very hard to get in America, and is even banned in New York due to animal cruelty issues. After trying the Foie Gras, we were given the choice to either go to a brewery or shop in Strasbourg. I didn’t really care either way, however, I chose to got to Strasbourg with Janet, Ashley and Jamie, as they were the three people on this trip I had grown the closest to, and I would rather spend my last day with them. In the town, we finished up our souvenir shopping, ate very good food at a diner, and Jamie even got her portrait drawn. When our time was up, we went back to the bus stop, however, the bus was not there to pick us up. So we waited. We waited for well over 30 minutes in what I affectionately dubbed- The Devil’s armpit. Worst of all there was a tree for shade. Too bad that tree was straight out of a Charlie Brown Christmas and provided the most minimal amount of shade you could ever possibly imagine. So after fending off sunstroke, heat exhaustion and shady Africans who were trying to sell belts and EU hat-umbrellas the bus finally arrived, and we went back to the château to pack our bags and prepare for the most amazing barbeque I’ve ever had.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb