Gay Pari' Day One and Two


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 21st 2008
Published: September 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After getting up at 5:30 to drive back to Rome we made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare, though finding a petrol station at 8:30 in the morning was a nightmare. The GPS again to the rescue... It actually has a list of near by petrol stations, though the first three or four we looked for were either shut for good, not there any more or closed. Aaaarrrgghhhh.

At last we were in Gay Pari'. We navigated our way to our hotel via Paris' fabulous metro and after checking in and unpacking we headed out for a stroll. we thought we'd make our way to the Eiffel tower to see it at night. On our way there we stopped in for our first meal in the gastronomical destination that Paris is. It was the best Indian meal we've had in a long time.... I'm not exactly sure why we decided on Indian, but it was lovely non the less.

We then took a walk down to the Seine and along to see Notre Dame at night. What a sight, we'd seen our fair share of churches by now but Notre Dame is really spectacular. By this time it was too late to make it to the Eiffel Tower and we we're exhausted after a long day of traveling so we headed back to the Hotel. We thought we'd take a different route home and so we got to see the real Gay Pari'. We walked through a part of town with a lot of Gay bars with lot's of blokes talking and drinking on the streets. Paige said I got a few looks, but hey they are only human.


Next day we headed to Montmatre, the cool art'y part of town. It is also one of the hilliest parts of town. We had a look at another church, the Sacre Coeur, and then strolled through the streets and took in the sights.

After a nap back at the hotel we thought we'd try give seeing the Eiffel Tower at night another shot. One the way we decided to take in a free multimedia presentation shown inside the notre dame every night. We took the metro to the Saint Germain area and stumbled across a great street with lots of restaurants and bars, very cool. So after seeing the presentation at Notre Dame, which was very interesting but sitting in a dark church for half an hour i was falling asleep, we headed back to the street for a meal. We had a nice French meal, Paige ordered the Escargot. She figured out how to work the special cutlery and got out the first snail no problems. But when she pulled out the second one she almost went green. It was a big one and the sight of seing it come out of it's shell put her off a bit, actually a lot. The look on her face was priceless, I thought she was going to lose her lunch. I ended up getting the rest out for her so she was okay to finish them off.

Again it was now too late to make it up the Eiffel Tower so we went home for a good nights sleep.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb