Disneyland rocks


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 3rd 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

"Don't drop us!""Don't drop us!""Don't drop us!"

Cousin Jonna jokingly threatened to throw us over the guard rail. But we knew she was only kidding.

We have been to Disneyland



Earlier this year we went to Disneyland. Dad didn't seem to like it though. He was constantly grunting things like "This is so stupid", "Revolting American trash", "A cultural meltdown this is" and "So plastic and tasteless". Mum was more into it. She was smiling the whole time we were there and she was all delirious when she rode in the various attractions and when she helped us hunt down pirate treasures in the Pirate World.

But before we tell you about Disneyland we'd like to tell you what we did more in Paris.

We came to Paris on a Wednesday. At beginning of the trip dad was not travelling with us. He had to stay at home a day longer because he had some work to do at his job. But he caught up with us at lunchtime the second day. But in spite that dad was not with us we were still a large group who checked in at the hotel. Mum was with us of course and Aunt Anna and cousin Jonna.

If you follow our blog you know that we were in Paris last year. We then had a few hectic days there
We're not afraid of gargoyles anymore We're not afraid of gargoyles anymore We're not afraid of gargoyles anymore

We used to be afraid of gargoyles. But there is no need. A gargoyle we met in Washington DC told us that gargoyles are really nice.
then seeing many interesting places (and one not so interesting. The Louvre Museum is boring...). But we didn't see everything Paris had to offer in terms of tourist sights. We actually skipped a very big tourist attraction - the Eiffel Tower. Well, we did see it last time we were in Paris, it is kind of hard not to see it when you are in Paris. It is a very high house and it is in the middle of Paris. What we mean is that we didn't visit the Eiffel Tower last time.

The Eiffel Tower is very high. But we are two well travelled toys, we have been almost everywhere now, and we have actually seen a higher house than the Eiffel Tower. When we were in New York we saw a house called Empire State Building and that was even higher.

But we have to admit that we have never seen such a strange house as the Eiffel Tower. It wasn't like any house we have ever seen. You see, it didn't have any walls. But maybe that is something typical French. When we visited Paris we found another house that didn't have walls. That house is called Pompidou Centre. It's funny that
Mum and aunt AnnaMum and aunt AnnaMum and aunt Anna

We were travelling with mum dad, Aunt Anna and cousin Jonna. Here you see us with mum and aunt Anna.
the French forget to put walls on their houses sometimes. Most of their houses have walls so they obviously know how to build walls. We remember that it was a bit cold last year when we were here so we know they need walls. Well, maybe the wall builders are on strike or have enforced some kind of blockade against the Eiffel Tower and the Pompidou Centre. Strikes are common in France we learnt on the day we left for home. But more about that later.

So on the first day we visited this building called the Eiffel Tower. From the top of the Eiffel Tower the view over Paris is spectacular. We spent a while there and enjoyed the view. Cousin Jonna jokingly threatened to throw us over the guard rail. But we knew she was only kidding. Jonna likes us way too much to hurt us.

After our visit to the Eiffel Tower we met dad. He had now arrived and was sitting below the Eiffel Tower waiting for us. All six of us now went to a church in central Paris. On that church we saw some gargoyles. First we got a bit scared when
Disneyland Disneyland Disneyland

The gate to Disneyland. Let the adventure begin!
we saw them but then we remembered the nice gargoyle we met in Washington DC. He told us that gargoyles are really nice and that there really is no need to be afraid of them. We didn't really have any chance to make friends with these gargoyles because they were sitting so high up on the wall. But we shouted "Hi!" to them and they shouted "Hi!" back so we think they were nice too.

The Eiffel Tower was very nice and so was the church with the gargoyles. But we were in Paris to see Disneyland. And compared to Disneyland everything else is pretty dull and boring. Disneyland is more than a tourist attraction. Disneyland is a World on its own. Or rather several Worlds next to each other. We had so much fun in Disneyland that we can't even put words to it.

One of the first things we saw was the castle Cinderella lives in. We didn't see Cinderella anywhere. She was probably dating a prince somewhere or whatever a princess do all day. Well we didn't have time to sit and wait for her. There was so much to explore in Disneyland so we went on.

Next
Disneyland Disneyland Disneyland

A nice house at Disneyland.
place we came to was a carousel shaped like an elephant. Our aunt and our cousin didn't dare to travel that on their own so we had to keep them company. They liked the carousel very much and so did we.

The next place we came to was Wonderland. Wonderland is built like a big labyrinth and is staffed with some odd characters. One of them is a grinning cat, the Cheshire Cat, and another is the White Rabbit, the rabbit always holds a pocket watch. A few years ago Wonderland received some bad publicity. Not many know the truth about this story. It has been successfully covered up. But we are smart little toys and we know the truth. We made friends with all the staff at Wonderland when we were there and they told us the true story. Remember that you first read this story here at our blog.

The story begins with this little girl named Alice visiting Disneyland. In the Wonderland section Alice got lost. The labyrinth was too difficult for little Alice. Needless to say, Alice is not the sharpest tool in the box. It is not hard to make your way around
Disneyland Disneyland Disneyland

The castle Cinderella lives in
Wonderland. We've tried it!
When Alice realised she couldn't get out she totally panicked. The White Rabbit, the one with the pocket watch, tried to calm her down and help her out and so did the Cheshire Cat. But Alice just panicked even more. When she eventually got out she tried to sue Disneyland but she lost the case. So instead she wrote a book about her experience. What Alice wanted with her book was to force Disneyland to close Wonderland. The book became a huge success and gave Wonderland a bad reputation for a while. Disneyland threatened to close down Wonderland and sack all the staff. Wonderland was saved only after Disneyland noticed that even more people came to visit Wonderland after the book came out than before. Alice didn't really expect that her book was going to promote Wonderland rather than scare people off. As we said, Alice is not very bright!

What we can't understand is why Alice didn't follow the signs saying "Exit" when she wanted to leave Wonderland. That's what we did and it took us only 10 minutes to get out.

In the afternoon in Disneyland we saw a big parade. In the parade we saw
Disneyland Disneyland Disneyland

We found a carousel shaped like an elephant. Our aunt and our cousin were too afraid to go on that by themselves so we had to keep them company
a lot of famous toys. The toys in the parade have together participated in more than 100 films. We saw Mickey Mouse, Mickey's wife Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, the entire staff from the Lion King, Chip 'n Dale and Pluto the Dog. Dad was really disappointed when he realised it was Pluto the Dog who walked in the parade. Dad thought it was Pluto the Planet. But we are not supposed to call it a planet. Dad says it is a dwarf planet and not a real planet. Like we, or anyone else for that matters, care?

The last section of the park we went to was Pirate Land. There we played around for a while pretending we were real pirates. We sailed the pirate ship, we threatened to have mum and dad walk the plank and we found a big treasure that was hidden in a chest. Being pirates was really fun!

After Disneyland we went back to our hotel in Paris and went to bed. We were really tired so we slept really well that night.

The next day we were supposed to take a flight home early in the day. But when we came to the airport some people who worked there was on a strike.
Good dog Good dog Good dog

Jean-Claude: "Nice photo of me huh?"
That means that they refused to fuel our plane. We asked the pilot if he couldn't fly anyway. Who cares about the strike? The pilot said that he cared because it is hard to fly without fuel. At first we didn't understand and we told the pilot so. The pilot smiled at us and said that fuel is for the plane like coffee is for a human. Oh, we know what that is like. Even we toys get crazy if we don't get coffee and dad is even worse when he doesn't get his daily dose of caffeine. Well we don't want to fly in a plane that is like dad before his first cup of coffee so we had to wait until the strike was over. Well we played around with our cousin Jonna and with Aunt Anna and we had a great time. After a few hours the strike was over and we could go home.

Hope you had just as much fun reading about Paris as we had visiting it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Wonderland Wonderland
Wonderland

We met the Cheshire Cat at Wonderland
Wonderland Wonderland
Wonderland

House at Wonderland
Wonderland Wonderland
Wonderland

In the Wonderland section Alice got lost. The labyrinth was too difficult for little Alice. Alice must be stupid. It is easy to make your way around Wonderland.
"But that's neither mum nor dad...""But that's neither mum nor dad..."
"But that's neither mum nor dad..."

Jean-Claude: "Here I am with cousin Jonna. She likes to hold me. I am one of her favourite toys." Emma: "She likes me too..." Jean-Claude: "Yes, Emma, she does. But not on this picture"
Parade at Disneyland Parade at Disneyland
Parade at Disneyland

At the parade we saw Mickey Mouse, Mickey's wife Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck.
Parade at Disneyland Parade at Disneyland
Parade at Disneyland

At the parade we saw the entire staff from the Lion King.
Parade at Disneyland Parade at Disneyland
Parade at Disneyland

At the parade we saw Chip 'n Dale and Pluto the Dog.
Parade at Disneyland Parade at Disneyland
Parade at Disneyland

At the parade we saw Pluto the Dog. Pluto came up to us to say hi and tell us how much he likes our blog! Pluto is cool! He likes us and we like him.
Cousin JonnaCousin Jonna
Cousin Jonna

Emma: "In this picture Jonna shows that she likes me too" Jean-Claude: "I never said she doesn't like you. She likes both of us, we know that."
Pirate LandPirate Land
Pirate Land

In Pirate Land we sailed the pirate ship
Pirate LandPirate Land
Pirate Land

In Pirate Land we found a big treasure that was hidden in a chest
"Union's been on strike he's down on his luck it's tough""Union's been on strike he's down on his luck it's tough"
"Union's been on strike he's down on his luck it's tough"

Wouldn't it have been more fun if the onion was on strike?


31st October 2008

Proper Cheshire cat
Dear J-C and Emma, I'd just like to show you the true Cheshire Cat, in case you haven't seen it. It's at [diary=255168] my blog called "The North". We met him there, in Cheshire. He was cool. My rabbit Jack wants to say that he loves gargoyles, and that one of his favourite songs is called "Walkng my gargoyle", by the Gothic Archies. Remind us next time you come visit, that we should play it for you. Zakje wants to say that he's not at all envious about that pirate ship, but I know he is. Take care!
31st October 2008

Wow. A real cheshire cat!
Emma: "Look Jean-Claude. Zakje's mum has seen a real Cheshire Cat!" Jean-Claude: "So, it's at her blog. That's cool. It looks different from the Cheshire Cat we met. Why is that?" Emma: "It's a real Cheshire Cat, a cat in Cheshire County in England. Not one made of plastic like we met."

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb